We begin with an assessment which includes an intake questionnaire and checklists, a personal interview, and a computer-based assessment for attention and response style (TOVA). Additional testing and assessment for learning difficulties, neurological problems, or psychological issues are done if indicated. Brainwave mapping(sequential assessment) is also available.
Neurofeedback training sessions usually last from a minimum of 20 to 30 minutes and are recommended at least 2 times weekly. We frequently see improvement starting within 10 sessions. Generally 30-60 sessions are needed to create lasting change. Some conditions require more sessions. We schedule a progress evaluation after 20 sessions.
In 2003 The Discovery Clinic, Inc. was founded by two neurofeedback therapists, Ann Richman, M.A of the Richman Discovery Clinic and Marty Deboer, Ph.D. of Psychoeducational Services.
As we work together, we find that our differences in training and experience and our similarities in philosophy and approach create a powerful synergy. We aim to provide the best treatment available. Our guiding principles are to:
- Provide thorough, individualized assessment and treatment.
- Maintain the highest level of expertise through continuing education
- Provide a comprehensive, compassionate, professional service
- Serve as a referral center by helping clients find addition needed services
- Serve as a resource center by providing ample opportunity for consultation, family support programs and educational materials